Register Now !
Ready to get started? Here are the details...
- Due to the personal interaction, this is limited to ten participants.
- Saturday, May 30, from 12-3pm PST (3-6pm EST)
(If Saturday sells out, we'll add a Sunday workshop on May 31st also!)
- We will take one stretch & snack break in the middle of the workshop.
- Registration costs $99
- It'll all happen online! (You do need a computer, not a tablet, to participate.)
Tell me more about it?
The Mastering Dominance salon is a 3-hour intimate online event limited to ten people who are dominant self-identified. Sinclair Sexsmith, power dynamic expert and trained facilitator, will be leading the group in explorations of dominance, mastery, topping, and getting strongly seated in your own power dynamic. Each participant will have fifteen minutes of the group's focused attention with Sinclair to puzzle through whatever it is that they’re working on in their dominant identity, and will receive some specific coaching from Sinclair.
Some options for your time:
- Identify your key challenges with topping and brainstorm some ways to bust through them
- Pure witness from the group while you receive one-on-one coaching
- Interact with your peers- almost a dozen experienced dominants there to help you out with new ideas and fresh perspectives on-demand
- Discuss the different ways you like to give and receive, take and demand, serve and accept
- Go over limits and how they work in your power dynamics
- Discuss what happens when things go horribly wrong
There is no one right way to be a dominant—but there is a right way for you. Come explore, and bring more of your tendencies conscious so you can be more intentional and precise with your power dynamic.
"[My favorite part of the course was] having a chance to talk through what was on my mind in an environment where I could be pretty unguarded. Honestly, just having other people bear witness would probably have been enough, because often talking through something with another person is enough to get your brain solving things, but as it turned out, there were a bunch of high-quality suggestions that came out of it that were hugely valuable." —Josh
- Go to the Eventbrite page and pay your $99, and check out with any major credit card
- You'll receive an email with the intake survey to fill out the week before the ecourse
- Once your survey is done, you’ll receive a confirmation email with the link to the meeting room online
You have skills and experience with D/s—I can tell.
But who do you turn to when you have a puzzle or a challenge? Unless you have a very special therapist, you can’t really talk about your challenges of D/s there. Even your kinky friends don’t always get the power dynamics. Spending some time talking to people who know what you’re going through and are just a ways beyond you on the path can be so reassuring and enlivening. Stop stumbling on your D/s path alone! Come chat with others.
Hey wait! Who is Sinclair?
Oh hey there! I probably should introduce myself. I’m Sinclair Sexsmith and I run sugarbutch.net, my personal online writing project about sex, gender, and relationships. I’m an experienced feminist dominant and I have been identifying as a top since 2002 when I took a workshop about power and surrender and learned how to flog. I had never experienced such an incredible rush of energy, power, dominance, and authority, and I was hooked.
Since then, I’ve been a slutty service top, a Daddy, a dominant, and now am pursuing a spiritual path as a Master. I love theorizing about power dynamics, asymmetrical power balances, and authority transfer based relationships, and I read everything on the subject that I can get my hands on. I have learned from well-known and very skilled folks like Andrea Zanin, Master Z, Alex Jade, and Raven Kaldera, and I believe my own dominance is a constant work in progress.
Brand new to topping and want to become a better top? This is for you. Eager to be a dominant not just inside the bedroom, but outside the bedroom as well? Definitely sign up for this. Experienced dominant with puzzles you just can’t quite solve? Come ask me and put it forward to the whole group for suggestions and ideas.
Mastering Dominance is for:
- Anyone of any gender or sexual orientation—straight, queer, bi, poly, pan, genderqueer, trans, cis, none of the above, whatever special flavor that you are
- People who want to work on their domination skills in consensual, conscious contexts
- People who have attended BDSM classes or conferences and gone away wishing for more on power dynamics and how to improve their dominant skills
- Folks with some experience in the BDSM and kink communities
This isn’t for you if:
- You want to attend so you can meet tops to date
- You sign up for things online but then don’t show up
- You want someone else to do the work for you
- Don't know anything about BDSM and kink worlds
Questions Asked FrequentlyQ: Do I have to be queer? Do I have to be in a D/s relationship? Do I have to be a dominant?A: Nope! Any gender or sexual orientation is welcome, any relationship status is welcome. You don’t have to identify as a top, master, dominant, daddy, mommy, mistress, or any of those Person In Charge type of words, but it is important that you want to focus on developing yourself as a dominant in some form. It’s okay if you have very little or no experience.
Q: I’m so scared to talk in a group! Do I haaaave to do the one-on-one part?A: No, nobody will be forced to participate in anything they don’t want to do. But you’ll get the most out of it if you show up and do your best to participate fully, to the best of your own ability.
Q: Can I use a tablet or iPad for this ecourse?
A: You can, but it won't be the same as if you are on a laptop. You won't be able to access all the features of the video, including chatting with the other participants. It's best if you are on a laptop or desktop computer.
Q: Will the workshop be recorded?A: Yes! The recording will be accessible after the workshop ONLY to those who are in attendance. It will likely contain some very personal struggles, so we are on the honor system not to share it with anyone. It can at times be very helpful to go back over your fifteen minute coaching conversation in the future, so you can compare where you’ve grown to where you’ve been, and to remind yourself of the things you were learning and articulating. So I encourage you to check in with it in about three months to see what happens when you bring some consciousness.
Q: Do I have to show my face on camera?A: No, you don’t have to, but I encourage you to do so because it gives us all a better sense of who you are and what you’re about. It’s so challenging to communicate online anyway, without the added access to in-person senses of energy and body language, that facial expression can be really important and helpful when communicating. If protecting your identity is an issue, please contact Sinclair and we can figure out the best way to do that to keep you safe and feeling secure.
Q: Do I have to be in the US?A: Nope! You can tune in from anywhere in the world. You will need a computer with a webcam and some sort of speakers to hear us talking.
A: If you want to be in attendance and are hearing challenged, please contact me and perhaps we can figure out how to make that happen. I’m very open to brainstorming or figuring out what would work.
More burning questions before you register?
Feel free to contact me and I'll get right back to you with the answers.